Full-Time Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk
Town of Hay River is accepting applications for the position of
Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk on a permanent full-time basis
Duties Include but not limited to:
• performing the day to day processing of financial transactions for accounts payable, payroll and bookkeeping duties within specific time frames
• maintaining vendor and forms database
• assisting the Director of Finance and Administration by maintaining the general ledger chart of accounts
• preparing monthly reports and reconciliations of accounts payable subledgers to the general ledger and accrual and clearing accounts
• assist the Director of Finance and Administration with preparation and distribution of monthly variance reports for the departments
• assist the Director of Finance and Administration with preparation of the annual budget
• prepare, process and reconcile biweekly payroll for the employees along with monthly remuneration for the firefighters and Council
• prepare, reconcile and monitor employee salary increments, payroll changes & vacation increases to be forwarded to the department heads for approval
• oversee the annual payroll processes including preparation of T4’s and balancing banked time accruals
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk would normally attain the required knowledge, skills and attitudes through completion of 3 years bookkeeping and accounting studies combined with a minimum of 5 years directly related financial and administrative experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
The Town of Hay River offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package. Salary range will be from Step 1: $33.32 through Step 7: $43.97
Successful applicants will require Criminal Records Check
How to Apply
Applicants must include a detailed resumé and cover letter, which can be submitted in person or through email.
Closing Date is Friday, March 11, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
1568 total views, 3 today