Full-Time ADDICTIONS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Pulaarvik Kablu Friendship Centre
ADDICTIONS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Closing Date: 5:00 pm, Friday, June 19, 2020
We are growing! It is an exciting time to join the team at Pulaarvik Kablu Friendship Centre (PKFC)!
In 1979, PKFC was created by Inuit, for Inuit, in Rankin Inlet. Today, it is becoming a vibrant regional organization providing needed wellness programs and services across the Kivalliq Region. Our goal is to deliver Inuit-designed, Inuit-led programs and services that are closely aligned with Kivalliq Inuit Societal Values and Culture, while also being evidence-based, and informed by best practices. We strive to work in partnership with municipalities’ wellness programs and in partnership with clinical health and social services available in all Nunavut communities through the Government of Nunavut’s Department of Health.
In 2020-21, PKFC will become the Kivalliq Region’s host organization for a 28-Day On-the-Land Addictions Treatment Program which will be offered three times annually and will offer after-care to clients when they return to their homes / communities.
This is an exciting NEW position for a motivated individual with strong coordination skills. Training in counselling will be made available to the right Coordinator, if they do not have that training but wish to make a difference in Nunavut in this way. For the right individual, the counselling role of this position can be phased in as the program develops and as they receive training.
Reporting to the Director, Mental Health and Addictions (also a new position), the Addictions Program Coordinator & Counsellor will oversee all aspects of the delivery of the Addictions Program and when the program development phase is completed, will also provide client counselling during the program delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Program Development & Coordination
- Program Workplan and Budget Development and Monitoring
- Team Leadership for the Addictions Program Team
- Completion of Program Summaries and Reports
- Participation as Part of PKFC’s Counselling Team (once program development phases are complete and relevant training received, if needed)
Compensation & benefits:
In order to attract and retain highly qualified and motivated staff and management, PKFC has recently reviewed all of its salaries to ensure that we are a competitive employer. For this position, we offer:
- Annual salary of $84,936 plus $17,360 in Northern allowance
- Extended health benefits and a pension plan
- 3 weeks of annual leave, plus monthly self-care days & lieu time accrual
- Housing is not available for this position
PKFC is committed to providing training in counselling / addictions counselling to a motivated individual with a strong track record for effective team building and program coordination recognized by past employers for a strong and accountable work ethic.
- Proven track record for effective program coordination / project management are essential
- Exceptional team building and communications skills, with an ability to create a positive work environment
- Experience and training in counselling would be a strong asset
- Completion of a college or university program in a related field considered an asset
- Experience in a coordination role in Nunavut municipalities, government agencies or not-for-profit organizations a strong asset
- Proficiency in Basic Computer Applications (Word Processing, E-mail) is essential, proficiency in Excel an asset
- Fluency in Inuktitut and English is a strong asset
How to Apply
How to Apply: A detailed job description is available. Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
Qualified applicants should forward their resume and a cover letter in strictest confidence, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm (CST) Friday, June 19, 2020.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews are expected to take place the week of June 22, 2020.
711 total views, 1 today