Notice Annual Mailing of the General Taxation Area Notices of Assessment
ANNUAL MAILING OF THE GENERAL TAXATION AREA NOTICES OF ASSESSMENT
Public notice is provided that the 2021 General Taxation Area Notices of Assessment for use in 2022 property taxation were mailed on December 24, 2021.
1. The Notices of Assessment contain the same information about the property as is recorded in the Certified Assessment Roll, First Revision. The part of the assessment roll which refers to the community where this property is located may be inspected during business hours at the community office or at the offices of the Nunavut Property Assessment Office, Qikiqtaaluk Corporation, 2nd Floor, 922 Niaqunngusiaq Road, Igluvut Building, P.O. Box 1228, Iqaluit, Nunavut, X0A 0H0
2. Any person may make a complaint to the Territorial Board of Revision about:
a) the name of the assessed owner;
b) an assessed value shown on the Certified Assessment Roll, First Revision;
c) the property class that is assigned to assessed property;
d) whether anything that is assessed is exempt from assessment or is not liable to assessment;
e) a clerical, typographical, administrative or other error on, or omission from, the Certified Assessment Roll, First Revision, or the Notice of Assessment.
3. Complainants are expected to supply a detailed written and/or verbal presentation to the Board supporting the grounds of their complaint.
4. If you wish to complain, you may do so by sending a written complaint to: Secretary of the Board of Revision, P.O. Box 272, Kugluktuk, Nunavut, X0B 0E0. Your written complaint must include your name and address, the location of your property, your complaint and the reason for it, and what remedies you seek, explained in detail.
5. Please contact the Nunavut Property Assessment Office prior to making a complaint. Complaints sent or delivered, must be received by the Secretary of the Board of Revision, NOT LATER THAN 45 DAYS from December 24, 2021. All complainants will be notified where and when the Territorial Board of Revision will sit.
Further information regarding this subject may be obtained by contacting the Nunavut Property Assessment Office, Qikiqtaaluk Corporation, 2nd Floor, 922 Niaqunngusiaq Road, Igluvut Building, P.O. Box 1228, Iqaluit, Nunavut, X0A 0H0, Phone (867) 979-8446, or Fax (867) 979-8412, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Chelsea Bradshaw, AMAA
For the Director of Assessment
1579 total views, 2 today