Full-Time Apprentice Heavy Equipment Mechanic (AHEM)
The Community Government of Behchokö (CGB) is seeking an Apprentice Heavy Equipment Mechanic (AHEM). Reporting to the Public Works Superintendent, this position is responsible for maintaining, repairing and or the reconditioning of all heavy and light equipment used by the CGB to ensure that Behchokö residents received effective and appropriate services. The AHEM will work closely with a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
Some of the duties will include:
• oil, tire and filter changes
• dismantling and reassembling components such as engines, transmissions, differential, electrical equipment, hydraulic systems, air systems and etc
• identifying parts required and preparing parts orders
• may be required to travel to pick up parts
• welding, brazing and soldering
• repairing/replacing pumps, hydraulic hoses, water fill hoses and wastewater hoses
• must have a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• should have good computer skills
• maintaining shop equipment and tools
• monitoring and replenishing parts inventory
Although not an excluding factor, additional consideration will be provided for candidates who are fluent in Tåîchô.
This is a full time 4-year Apprenticeship Program which will require the incumbent to travel outside the community, 2 months of each year to attend vocational school.
The Community Government of Behchokö offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a positive work environment. Benefits coverage provided by NEBS. For a copy of the current job description (under review) or for any further details, please contact Curtis Coleman, Public Works Superintendent at (867) 446-0092 or email email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please submit a complete resumé, cover letter and references on or before 3:00 pm, February 26, 2021 to the following address:
Community Government of Behchokö
ATTN: PWS Curtis Coleman
PO Box 68
Behchokö, NT X0E 0Y0
The Community Government of Behchokö thanks everyone for your interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
206 total views, 3 today