Full-Time Assistant Senior Administrative Officer
Assistant Senior Administrative Officer
Are you looking for a challenging job with lots of variety? The job of Assistant Senior Administrative Officer (ASAO) provides support in the areas of management and administration of municipal programs and services for the Town of Hay River as well as assists in the realization of Council’s established priorities. The ASAO serves as the Acting Senior Administrative Officer in the absence of the Senior Administrative Officer.
Working as a member of the senior management team, the ASAO provides corporate communication coordination and leadership, developing and implementing internal and external communication strategies for the organization to ensure unified, consistent, and up-to-date information to residents and staff.
The ASAO supports the management of capital infrastructure and special operational projects identified in the multi-year capital plan and within approved operational business plans.
The ASAO will be instrumental in developing the company’s asset management system through coordination of stakeholders, research and content development.
Liaising with Town departments, the ASAO researches and writes funding proposals to support the implementation of programs and projects.
Post-secondary education in Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Works / Engineering, plus five years related experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• proficiency in government program administration, management and delivery
• demonstrated strong experience with digital and social media communication channels
• strong writing, communication, planning, and problem solving/analytical skills.
• demonstrated infrastructure project management experience
• experience with asset management and/or asset maintenance systems
• procurement and contract writing skills
• funding proposal writing experience
* A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits & pension package, generous vacation entitlement and relocation assistance, are provided. Please submit a detailed resumé and cover letter to the Town of Hay River via email.
For a job description on these positions, please look for our job opportunities page at www.hayriver.com
For additional information please contact:
Human Resources Department
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
350 total views, 4 today