Part-Time Board Member
PUBLIC UTILITIES BOARD
Board Member (Part-time Position)
Are you interested in serving as a part-time member on the Public Utilities Board?
The GNWT invites expressions of interest from candidates interested in being appointed
for the following position on the Northwest Territories Public Utilities Board (PUB):
- Member ($325/per day) and travel per diems as required.
The Northwest Territories Public Utilities Board (“Board”) is an independent regulatory
agency of the Territorial Government, operating under and administering the Public
Utilities Act. The Board is primarily responsible for the regulation of energy utilities in
the Northwest Territories, to ensure that the rates charged for energy are fair, just and
reasonable. It is also responsible for ensuring utility operators provide safe, adequate and secure services to their customers.
The Board reviews applications from public utilities operating in the Northwest Territories with regard to rates and rate structure. The Board also deals with such matters as long term debt, capital expenditures, interim rates and franchises.
The Minister Responsible for the Public Utilities Board is seeking three (3) part-time Board Members to enable it to fulfill its mandate. The Member will serve the Board for a three (3) year term, and may be eligible for re-appointment.
Board Members are chosen for their knowledge, skills and experience.
Board Members must:
- Have an extensive business and regulatory background that would prove to be an asset to the Board’s operations.
- Can commit the time and effort not only to attend hearings but also to devote the time necessary to study and evaluate the matters brought before the Board.
- Possess the qualifications which will make them effective and responsible members.
To express your interest, please provide:
- A letter indicating your interest in the position which clearly states your relevant experience and knowledge; and
- A detailed up-to-date resume that includes your contact information.
For more information, please contact Ms. Doris Minoza at 876-874-3944 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Board, see www.nwtpublicutilitiesboard.ca
How to Apply
Please forward your resume by January 17, 2021 to:
1260 total views, 1 today