Full-Time Chief Executive Director & Business Manager
Chief Executive Director & Business Manager
The Gwichya Gwich’in Council, Red River Development Corporation and Gwichya Gwich’in Renewable Resource council is seeking 1(one) individual to work as the executive director and business manager for our aboriginal owned company & organization. The incumbent will be responsible for the day to day running services for the GGC, RRDC and the GGRRC.
POSITION SUMMARY: The executive director manages implements all work related to the goals and interests of the Gwichya Gwich’in Council and their affiliates under the direction of the board directors.
QUALIFICATIONS: The executive director must have the required knowledge and skills attained through completion of a post- secondary program in business administration, public administration or business management. Working experience of 5 years or more as an executive director or SAO (senior administrative officer).
Governance, Government regulations, Employment Standards, Finance requirements, Human rights, Proven communication, and team approach management.
SKILLS & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• knowledge of the Gwich’in comprehensive land claim 1992 agreement (should be an asset)
• ability to work in a cross-culture environment
• ability to live in a small community with limited services and resources
• must understand Boards & Governance structures
• must have understandings of operations of councils, proposal writing, ect…
• must be able to manage an organization and business
• MENTORSHIP: An asset for staff and colleagues, the executive director will possess skills as a supportive coach and mentor who works to ensure staff have the skills and ability to perform their jobs, set out clear objectives, remove roadblocks, provide counsel and advice when required and evaluates annual performances effectively.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position requires a criminal records check (CRC)
Job description is available upon request.
This position will close on July 29, 2022 at 3 pm
How to Apply
Interested persons may submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications and experience to:
Billie Veryl Inglangasuk – Finance Officer
Or email: email@example.com
1288 total views, 1 today