Full-Time Chief Executive Officer
The Kátł’odeeche First Nation (KFN) is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in one of the only two Reserves in the Northwest Territories. The CEO is responsible for the overall administration of First Nation governance and operations.
The CEO is responsible for directing, controlling, and coordinating the activities of the various divisions including Community Programs; Lands, Resources and Negotiations; the Finance Division; and several Corporations. Working with the management team the CEO ensures that the policies and programs of the Band are implemented and followed and advises and informs Chief and Council on the operations and affairs of the First Nation. The CEO performs or oversees all duties and functions assigned by Chief and Council.
Reporting to the Chief and Council, the CEO works closely with program and business managers to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate KFN programs, business activities and services that meets the needs of the community.
• leading and directing the day-to-day operations of KFN
• developing and implementing KFN policies and procedures
• ensuring that governance legal documents and information are maintained
• ensure the financial management of the organization is in accordance with approved policies and procedures
• informing, advising, and ensuring communication between Chief and Council, employees, and partners on operational and intergovernmental matters
• maintain an open, equitable, and service oriented relationship between administration and band members, keeping them informed
• post-secondary education in Public Administration, Program Management, Financial Management, Community Economic Development, or a related field is required. A related professional designation is desired. Equivalencies will be considered
• minimum 10 of years of experience with extensive knowledge and understanding of First Nations needs, issues, concerns, and aspirations
Skills and Experience:
• progressive and successful experience as a CEO in Business and/or Community Government Administration
• experience in a multi-dimensional organization – ability to provide focused leadership and to adapt and integrate complex planning and program initiatives
• a positive record of working effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, boards, and committees, and public participation processes
• proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development, achieving results in building teams and effective labour relations
• experience and or significant exposure developing and implementing plans, capital projects, and infrastructure improvement programs
• developing policies, procedures and bylaws for the review and approval of chief and council
• overseeing financial management of the First Nation’s resources
Compensation and Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication to the job, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary of $90K to $110K and the following package of benefits under the Northern Employee Benefits Services (NEBS):
• medical, dental, vision
• pension Plan
• 4-week vacation to start
• relocation assistance for the right candidate
Open until filled
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Email: email@example.com and or hand deliver to the
KFN Administration Office on the Hay River Dene Reserve.
Interested candidates should submit a resumé and cover letter, upon reviewing your qualifications, we will contact you if there is a match with our current open position.
162 total views, 2 today