Full-Time Contract Packer
The Tu’Cho’ Fisher’s Cooperative is looking to hire a
for the 2022 open water fishing season. Located in Hay River, NWT, Tu’Cho’ Fishers Cooperative operates as the agent for the Freshwater Fish Marketing Corporation (FFMC), packing and shipping product to Manitoba for processing.
Duties typically involve:
• all start-up processes related to the fish plant (ice machines, general maintenance and troubleshooting etc.)
• sorting, grading, packing and shipping of all legally caught fish delivered to the packing plant
• accurately handle and disperse required paperwork (DCR, Fish tub tags, Fisher Crew Payment slips, Shipping Advices, Bill of Lading, Pay Checks, DFO log Books etc..).
• hiring and managing fish plant employees
• coordinating with FFMC for plant supplies (Tote and tub inventory etc.)
• scheduling trucks for shipments
• maintain an inventory and coordinate sales of fishing supplies (nets and other gear) that are required throughout the open water season
• manage transport of ice/supplies and fish from remote area’s outside of Hay River
• maintain communication with buyers, property owner, to ensure shipping and receiving schedules are optimized and any required maintenance is addressed by properties owner
• posting information to fishers as necessary
The Hay River fish plant typically opens mid-June and closes mid-September. The packer needs to arrive a minimum of 1 week prior to plant opening. Payment to be negotiated based on experience.
How to Apply
Please send expression of interest and resumé to:
Tuchoboard@gmail.com by May 11, 2022.
296 total views, 1 today