Part-Time COOK II
Hay River Health & Social Services Authority
0.40FTE Part-time Term to March 31, 2023
The incumbent performs duties related to the preparation and service of food for patients, residents, staff, volunteers, customers and other users of the HRHSSA in a manner consistent with high standards of food preparation and nutrition under the supervision of the Manager, Support Services to ensure safe and nutritious meals are provided.
The incumbent works as part of the Food Service team in the provision of safe and nutritious meals for patients, residents, staff, customers and other users of the HRHSSA in a manner consistent with high standards of food preparation and nutrition. Meals are provided for the assigned site, which may include patients, residents, visitors, 5-10 “Meals on Wheels” clients and approximately 15-90 cafeteria patrons for lunch meals. Failure to perform duties completely, safely, and promptly would directly affect the service delivery of the department, and may affect the well-being and comfort of clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• knowledge of food, food preparation & equipment, safe food handling, and proper storage methods.
• basic knowledge & skills related to nutrition, cooking, serving methods, and portion control.
• reliable, flexible & able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• must have ability to read, interpret and comprehend menus, procedures, recipes, etc. in English.
• must be Customer service focused.
• must be able to acquire within a reasonable time frame and remain current with the following mandatory certifications:
o Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
These skills generally are acquired through completion of a Grade 12 education and on the job training; cooking diploma is an asset. A copy of the full job description can be found at
Salary: $29.81 – $35.62 per hour (Range 5) Position Status:
0.40 FTE Part-time Term to March 31, 2023
Competition No.: 019-22
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate found
In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a Northern Allowance of $2.60 per hour up to $5,282 per year. All job offers are subject to references, a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector search) and an Employee Health Risk Assessment. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in place. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like this information in another official language, contact us at (867) 874-8111
Si vous voulez ces informations dans une autre langue officielle, contactez-nous à (867) 874-8111
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply quoting competition number to:
Hay River Health & Social Services Authority 37911 Mackenzie Highway
Hay River, NT X0E 0R6
Fax: (867) 874-8345
874 total views, 1 today