Part-Time CRISIS SUPPORT WORKERS
CRISIS SUPPORT WORKERS
Alison McAteer House
The Crisis Support Worker provides supportive crisis intervention, case management and support, advocacy, and community referral to current and potential residents of the Alison McAteer House family violence shelter.
Additional duties include offering life skills assistance to residents, and helping with day-to-day operations of the shelter, located in Yellowknife, NT.
Experience & Qualifications:
- have an awareness of family violence issues facing women in the north
- maintain confidentiality
- a non-judgmental attitude
- good listening and problem-solving skills
- be caring, empathetic, and compassionate
- be able to assert clear professional and personal boundaries
- good oral and written communication skills
- show integrity and tact in dealing with people
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- First Aid-CPR (C), up to date immunizations, including Hep B and TB
- work well in a team environment
- have flexibility in meeting shift work requirements
Closing date for this position is October 20, 2020
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their resumé and cover letter in one document to:
Alison McAteer House Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. Thank-you.
1125 total views, 1 today