Child & Youth Programs
The YWCA NWT is hiring a Director of Child and Youth Programs for a one year term starting October 2020. This experienced individual will lead and manage our range of high-quality child and youth services. This is a full time (40 hours/week) position. YWCA NWT is a large, multi-service non-profit charity operating in the Northwest Territories.
YWCA’s Child and Youth Programs include:
- 340 licensed spaces of After School child care within the schools
- GirlSpace programming to support girls with safe space to discuss issues of relevance in their lives
- Dudes Club programming to support boys to develop skills to navigate social roles and masculinity issues
- Child Recovery programs to support children who witness abuse in the home
- Yellowknife Family Centre, a play-based, parent-child support program with a toy lending library
This position is a part of the YWCA NWT senior management team and is responsible for the operation of the YWCA’s children and youth programming. This includes: licensed after school child care in schools, the Family Centre, GirlSpace, Dudes Club and Child Recovery. The director manages all aspects of programming from program design and staffing models to hiring and supervising program coordinators, maintaining licensing of child care spaces, orienting and training program staff, providing direct and indirect supervision of staff, producing reports for funding bodies, liaising with parents, child protection, ECE, and other agencies, maintaining financial records to assist in administering accounts receivable, and budgeting for the department.
Salary range: Starting at $83,385, dependent on qualifications and experience.
For a full job description, visit:
How to Apply
Submit resumés to:
Executive Director, YWCA NWT
Closing date: October 11, 2020
1404 total views, 1 today