Full-Time Director of Lands and Resources
Dehcho First Nations
Director of Lands and Resources
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Lands and Resources is responsible for leading the regional Lands and Resources department for Dehcho First Nations. This position is responsible for working closely with all Dehcho First Nations community governments, DFN Leadership, DFN technical advisors and supervising and directing the work of the departmental staff that fall under the category of Dehcho lands, waters, and resources.
• a post-secondary degree in Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science, or an equivalent field
• minimum three years previous management experience
• ability to direct lands and resource staff, resolve conflict, and evaluate performance
• ability to lead the development of regional positions relating to lands and resources that are consistent with regional positions outlined under the Dehcho Process, regional policies and DFN Leadership and Assembly resolutions
• ability to advise the DFN Leadership on solutions to key resources issues impacting the region
• experienced with computer word processing and data management programs
• ability to develop information summary briefs on complex issues for DFN Leadership consideration
• ability to maintain and develop multiple partnerships with external agencies and governments (universities, foundations, industry, community, territorial and federal governments)
• extensive knowledge of Dehcho harvesting practices, customs, and culture
• extensive knowledge of the Dehcho Process, the Interim Measures Agreement, the Interim Resource Development Agreement, the Interim Dehcho Land Use Plan, all Dehcho-based Protected Area and Parks agreements and territorial and federal regulatory legislation related to resource management
• ability to proficiently communicate in Dehcho Dene Zhatie an asset
This position offers a benefits package of group insurance & pension plan, including paid leave and VTA upon completion of probation. Salary is based on qualifications and experience. Only serious candidates need apply.
How to Apply
Application deadline: April 8, 2022 at 5 pm
Address cover letters to:
Alison de Pelham, Executive Director
Send applications to:
For detailed job description or for more information, please contact Leona Tanche, A/Sr. Executive Administrator at the above email or phone (867) 695-2610/Toll Free: 1-866-995-3748.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
923 total views, 1 today