Full-Time Director of Operations
Yellowknife Education District No. 1 of the Northwest Territories
P.O. Box 788
5402 50 Avenue
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2N6
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is part of the leadership team at the YK1 Board Office.
The role is responsible for the care, upkeep and planning of six schools, the District Office, the Maintenance Shop and various portable facilities throughout the boundary of YK1’s area. The position has a supervisory and instructional role of four maintenance staff and oversees the work of our school janitors.
The portfolio includes the management of several contractors throughout the year who work on and with YK1 facilities.
Maintaining (short and long term) the good working order of all of YK1’s facilities and equipment in a clean, safe and functional manner is critical to ensuring the safety of students, staff, administrators, families and visitors to the schools and other facilities.
This role is a vital component of YK1’s service to students, staff and community.
• Degree in Engineering with 5 years related experience; OR
• Completion of Certified Technologist program; OR
• Fifth Class Power Engineer Certificate.
• Journeyman’s certification in mechanical or electrical trades plus 10 years’ experience working in a variety of progressively responsible planning, development and control and 2 years working in a cross-cultural environment; AND
• Certification in Project Management (PMP)
The successful incumbent must demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
• Comprehensive asset management
• Comprehensive facility maintenance program
• Risk management of all facilities
• Long term capital planning development
• All relevant trades areas including carpentry, plumbing, welding, electrical and mechanical
• Maintenance systems including heating, plumbing and electrical systems
• Human resource management including effective delegation and employee discipline
• Management and administration including budgeting, purchasing, tendering and cost control
• Relevant federal, territorial and municipal legislation
• Project management experience
• Health & Safety knowledge and experience as per WSCC guidelines and ability to train staff in these areas.
• Team building, interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills are essential for this position.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply electronically to Tram Do, Director of Corporate Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org until a suitable applicant is found.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
All YK1 Employees must undergo a vulnerable sector check.
428 total views, 3 today