Temporary Economic Development officer
The Economic Development Officer reports directly to the Chairman of the Hay River Dene Reserve Limited Partnership Board when a director’s meeting is not in session, and to the Board of Directors during Board Meetings. The Economic Development Officer is responsible for conducting research, preparing feasibility report, and carrying out business planning on revenue-generating business opportunities. Where appropriate, and under the direction of the Board, this position is further responsible for initiating viable business opportunities through the Limited Partnership or supporting community members to establish their own businesses.
• assists in the development and support of the KFN’s Economic & Business Development strategies as determined by board of director and recommendations from Chief and Council
• researches and analyzes the feasibility of revenue generating employment and business opportunities for the community and prepares recommendations for Board of Directors
• seeks out funding opportunities for employment and business development that includes the submission of proposals and grants
• acts as a liaison with federal, territorial, regional, local governments, and other businesses to encourage cooperation, partnerships, and effective economic and business development efforts for KFN and the Limited Partnership
• where deemed feasible, promotes, and initiates economic and business development projects under the Partnership, through joint ventures or through other community-owned ventures
• manages the activities of the Limited Partnership
• maintains the assets of the Limited Partnership
• supervises project managers and other staff, contractors, and consultants
• maintains all information, statistics and costs associated with projects
• prepares and maintains up-to-date community profiles, workforce reports, etc
• prepares and submits interim and final reports associated with funding received through proposal submissions
• carries out other duties as need to expand employment and business opportunities under the Limited Partnership and in the community
• post secondary education or a suitable combination of education and experience in business planning and management
• minimum of two years related business experience
Skills and Experience:
• must be a strategic and proactive thinker with strong entrepreneurial and networking skills
• ability to become familiar with the business needs of a First Nation community
• strong skills in conducting research, economic and business planning, proposal, and report writing, marketing, public speaking, and financial/project management
• excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
• must have a satisfactory criminal records check
How to Apply
Friday April 30th, 2021 at 5:00pm
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and or hand deliver to the KFN Administration Office on the Hay River Dene Reserve.
Indicate clearly in your cover letter how your experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Salary is dependent on education and experience.
*Term position to March 31, 2022 with possible extension depending on funding.
65 total views, 2 today