Full-Time Elementary Teacher
Elementary Teacher (French School)
Commission scolaire francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
The Commission scolaire francophone TNO subscribes to the following values and principles:
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage;
• Data-based decisions to improve student success and achievement;
• Integration of computer-based learning technology into the classroom;
• Outcome-based instruction and assessment;
• Sustained commitment to literacy and numeracy;
• Working collaboratively with a variety of partners in education;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• A positive team spirit.
Typically, candidates should have completed a Teacher Education Program diploma or a Bachelor of Education degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
• Strong background and competence in elementary education (Grades 3 to 6);
• Teaching experience in a JK–12 environment would be an asset;
• Excellent classroom management skills;
• Knowledge of, or willingness to become familiar with, the prescribed NWT curricula in French First Language instruction and related areas;
• Experience using data to inform instructional decisions;
• Experience in multi-grade classrooms and differentiated instruction;
• Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction;
• Demonstrated proficiency in spoken and written French.
This position is available starting in August 2023.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers’ Association positions shall be granted as follows:
• Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
• Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
• Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
• Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
• Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
• Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
• Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 23275
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary is prorated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $84,669 to $136,694 per annum), plus an annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
165 total views, 4 today