Full-Time EMERGENCY SAFETY OFFICER (ESO)
Cheetah Resources is an explorer and developer focusing on rare earths and technology metals. We are a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community and thinking different.
Our aim is to be the largest independent supplier of clean mixed rare earth feedstock outside China, supporting clean technologies and industries such as communications, defence and healthcare.
We are excited to commence operations at our Nechalacho project, a high-grade, light rare earth project located at Nechalacho in the NWT. The project boasts one of the highest grade rare earths deposits in the world, excellent infrastructure and simple, low-cost processing.
We are currently recruiting the following fulltime fixed-term contract positions:
SAFETY OFFICER (ESO)
We are now looking to appoint an experienced Emergency Safety Officer who will not only provide a critical role to the project, but also to the safety and welfare of our people.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Carry out OHS monitoring, auditing and report preparation
- Maintain OHS databases, systems and perform administrative duties for the OHS department
- Provide advice and support to management and employees with the aim to ensure acceptable safety and health standards are established and practiced, and legislative and regulatory requirements are met
- Assist in incident investigations and the development of corrective actions
- Assist with the overall implementation of safety systems, strategies, initiatives and promote improvements to manager
- Conduct inductions, training, toolboxes and meetings as directed
- Develop, review and improve safety documentation, including policies and procedures
- Conduct Weekly emergency response training
- Coordinate communication and reporting through the safety system
- Conduct audits, safety inspections and risk management processes, make recommendations and develop actions
- Equipment preparedness, including compliance, inspections and reporting
- Conduct of site fitness for work requirements in accordance with site and company alcohol and other drugs policies
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in site emergency drills
- To provide first aid and medical services along with ensuring medical facilities are maintained in an operationally ready status
- Oversee injury management and return to work cases
- Strong understanding of the NWT mining act and regulation
- Certificate or qualifications in health care (medic)
- Certificate or qualifications in Fire & Rescue
- CRSP Certification
Why Work for Cheetah
At Cheetah, we understand people are fundamental to our success. We aspire to provide opportunities for the people and businesses in the communities in which we operate. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter and resumé by Friday, December 21 to:
877 total views, 3 today