Full-Time ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER
Cheetah Resources is an explorer and developer focusing on rare earths and technology metals. We are a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community and thinking different.
Our aim is to be the largest independent supplier of clean mixed rare earth feedstock outside China, supporting clean technologies and industries such as communications, defence and healthcare.
We are excited to commence operations at our Nechalacho project, a high-grade, light rare earth project located at Nechalacho in the NWT. The project boasts one of the highest grade rare earths deposits in the world, excellent infrastructure and simple, low-cost processing.
We are currently recruiting the following fulltime fixed-term contract positions:
We are now looking to appoint an experienced Environmental Officer to join our team for an exciting opportunity to develop and implement the framework to ensure that all environmental management and statutory obligations are met or exceeded.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop, review and maintain environment management and compliance documentation, including environmental management plans, waste management plans, monitoring plans, environment and heritage procedures, legal obligation and commitment register, risk register, activity planners
- Perform audits against the Project’s legal obligations and commitments
- Conduct inspections of site facilities, processes and contractors to facilitate continuous improvement in environmental management
- Conduct and report on environmental monitoring, including flora, fauna, dust, water and hydrocarbon management
- Coordinate and supervise biological surveys and programs of work as well as training initiatives (e.g. Bear Awareness, significant species monitoring etc.)
- Support the coordination, assessment and maintenance of ground disturbance permits (GDPs) and the GDP permitting system
- Record, maintain and analyze data and other information for use in the compilation of statutory and corporate reporting requirements
- Prepare and review compliance reports required under relevant mining and NWT regulations
- Annual, quarterly environmental reporting
- Liaise with and engage internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, to support delivery of key compliance activities and facilitate continuous improvement in environmental management
- Deliver environmental and awareness & education initiatives (e.g., workshops, toolboxes)
- Conduct environmental and incident investigations, where required
- Assist with closure and rehabilitation activities
- Bachelor degree with Environmental specialization or other related discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience planning and implementing site environmental audits
- Proactivity, goal orientation and attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent time management and ability to adapt quickly to change
- Knowledge of (and ensuring compliance to) environmental legislation
- Previous experience working in a similar environment
Why Work for Cheetah
At Cheetah, we understand people are fundamental to our success. We aspire to provide opportunities for the people and businesses in the communities in which we operate. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter and resumé by Friday, December 21 to:
847 total views, 5 today