Full-Time Executive Assistant/ Communications Officer
Yellowknife Education District No. 1 Commission scolaire publique n°1 de Yellowknife
PO Box 788
5402 50 Avenue
Yellowknife, NT, X1A 2N6
Phone: (867) 766-5063
Yellowknife Education District No. 1 invites applications for the following position:
Executive Assistant/ Communications Officer
YK1 District Office
The function of this position is to serve as an Executive Assistant to the Superintendent of Education/ CEO. The Executive Assistant is responsible for maintaining efficient office procedures with the cooperation of other district staff administration. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the Communications role in the District and must be able to fill in for the receptionist in their absence.
Qualifications include, but may not be limited to:
• A degree in a specialized communications discipline such as journalism or public/media. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
• Minimum of five years’ experience as a secretary, administrative assistant, office manager, or executive assistant
• Skilled in operational technology
• Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, website management and other applicable software systems
• Experience running an organization’s communications plan, including social media
• Ability to take minutes
• Ability to direct efficient office routines and to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with the public and district employees
How to Apply
If interested, please apply electronically to Landon Kowlzik, Assistant Superintendent Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at http://www.yk1.nt.ca/page/393/employment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Candidates must have an original acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) in place. The original VSC must be dated within 90 days of the date the application is received. This is a condition of employment, and must be in place prior to commencing work in the school district. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
897 total views, 1 today