Full-Time Executive Director
NWT Seniors’ Society
The NWT Seniors’ Society has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and self-motivated candidate for the Executive Director (ED) position. The Society promotes the independence and well-being of all older adults through partnerships with governments, other non-profits, in all NWT communities. The Society advises the Government of the NWT Minister Responsible for Seniors and acts as the secretariat to the NWT Network to Prevent Abuse of Older Adults. The NWT Seniors’ Society is a non-profit organization located in Yellowknife. The ED reports to a Board of Directors of seniors from across the NWT and organizes regular Board meetings.
Purpose of the Position:
The ED leads activities designed to achieve the NWTSS’ mission, vision, and goals, and ensures the integrity of the organization in all matters in a manner that:
• promotes awareness and asserts the rights of older adults;
• demonstrates sensitivity and responds to the diverse needs of older adults; and
• encourages independence, dignity, and quality of life of all older adults.
• a minimum of three to five years of management experience within the voluntary sector in a position(s) concerned with vulnerable members of society and certification and/or training in human resource management, volunteer management, financial management, administration, leadership, board development, communications, and/or programming for older adults.
• a strong commitment to, and respect for older adults and working cooperatively with them
• broad knowledge of the socio-economic characteristics of NWT communities, and public and Indigenous government and political processes and functions in the NWT and Canada
• an understanding of community development processes and approaches, particularly in cross-cultural and remote circumstances
• a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer applications
A Position Description is available upon request. Competitive salary and benefits package offered. The successful applicant must provide a criminal records check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check. Only candidates who will be interviewed will be contacted.
How to Apply
Submit your resumé and cover letter by March 4, 2022 at 3:00 pm to:
NWT Seniors’ Society
102, 4916 46th Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 1L2
Fax: (867) 920-7601 or
468 total views, 1 today