Full-Time Executive Director
Yamózha Kúé Society
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Yamózha Kúé Society according to the strategic direction set by the Yamózha Kúé Society’s Board of Directors. The Executive Director is also responsible for achieving mandate for the Yamózha Kúé Society through efficient planning, development, implementation, coordination, and management of the daily and long-term operations of the Yamózha Kúé Society.
• post-secondary education preferable in Business Administration, Business Management, or Social Science or equivalent
• experience in related fields with First Nations would be an asset
• solid knowledge and commitment to Dene culture, traditions and values is required
• must have own transportation and valid driver’s licence
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• knowledge of leadership and management principles
• knowledge of all Federal and Provincial legislation
• outstanding interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills, including coordination and facilitation Skills
• high degree of cultural competency (cross cultural environments)
• strong ability to problem solve, negotiate, and resolve conflict
• work co-operatively and facilitate the development of a team environment
• knowledge of and experience in working with First Nations heritage, language, and traditional and/or cultural resources
• have knowledge of Federal, Territorial, and other funding sources
• knowledge of operations of standard office equipment and computer literate
• ability to speak or write an aboriginal language will be an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their resumé and cover letter indicating the position applied for and explaining how they are suited for the job. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MahsiCho.
Closing Date: April 8, 2022 at 5:00 pm (MT)
Fax: (867) 874-3867
No phone calls please.
416 total views, 1 today