Full-Time Executive Director
The K’ahsho Got’ine Self-Government Negotiations Secretariat
Fort Good Hope, Northwest Territories
The K’ahsho Got’ine Self-Government Negotiations Secretariat (KGSGNS) is responsible for negotiating a Self-Government Agreement with Canada and the GNWT on behalf of the K’ahsho Got’ine of Fort Good Hope.
The Executive Director (ED) is an experienced senior leader who will support the KGSGNS Board and provide leadership to Secretariat staff. This is a full-time position located in Fort Good Hope, however flexible and part-time arrangements will be considered. The ED must be comfortable working independently and being the point of contact for the Secretariat Office in Fort Good Hope.
This position requires strong strategic planning, organizational and administrative skills, and involves a broad range of duties and responsibilities. The successful candidate will have relevant education and experience, including managing small organizations and staff, and demonstrate the following competencies in their cover letter and resume:
• Experience living in and working with northern Indigenous organizations and communities;
• Experience working with a Board of Directors;
• Ability to determine the priorities of the Secretariat and build strategic directions with local, regional, and national stakeholders;
• Proficiency preparing and implementing an annual and long-term budget and work plan;
• General office and human resource management;
• Ability to seek out funding opportunities, prepare proposals, and maintain relationships with stakeholders; and
• Knowledge of self-government negotiations, Indigenous Law, and/or the Sahtu Dene and Métis Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement is an asset.
The salary range for this position is $100-125K and is negotiable based on experience and housing arrangements. The position has generous leave benefits, relocation assistance, and possible housing support. A hybrid (in-person/remote) work arrangement may be considered for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit
their cover letter and resume to:
Atn: Ryan Fequet
Lead Dog Consulting
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Mahsì for your interest in this competition.
310 total views, 1 today