Full-Time Executive Director
The K’ahsho Got’ine Self-Government Negotiations Secretariat is looking for
(Fort Good Hope)
The Secretariat is responsible for negotiating a self-government agreement with Canada and the GNWT on behalf of the K’ahsho Got’ine of Fort Good Hope.
The Executive Director must be comfortable working independently and being the point of contact at the Secretariat office in Fort Good Hope. She/he will face complex questions related to self-government that must be addressed appropriately. Work will
vary, and will include a broad range of responsibilities including general office management, implementing personnel policies, organizing community meetings and workshops, hiring, training and managing staff, drafting documents for the Secretariat and negotiations team, and managing Secretariat files and records. Financial acumen is required, including the ability to prepare year-end reporting required under the Contribution Agreement.
While the ideal candidate will have experience managing a small organization, detailed knowledge of self-government negotiations is not required. Knowledge of self-government negotiations, Aboriginal law, or the Sahtu Dene and Métis Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement is an asset.
The Executive Director will work closely with the Chief Negotiator, Community Facilitator, and Legal Counsel over phone and email.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• post-secondary education or training, and relevant work experience
• ability to oversee long-term projects, including monitoring budgets, overseeing staff, and providing as and when needed assistance and support
• demonstrated policy development skills
• ability to ensure compliance with expenditures and reporting under the Contribution Agreement with Canada
• ability to prepare agendas and information packages for meetings, and take comprehensive minutes during meetings
• experience sourcing funding and writing funding proposals an asset
• experience in communications an asset
Salary is negotiable based on education and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resumé to the K’ahsho Got’ine Self-Government Negotiations Secretariat office in Fort Good Hope, NT, P.O. Box 229, X0E 0H0, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about this position should be directed to Daniel T’seleie, K’ahsho Got’ine Chief Negotiator, at email@example.com.
403 total views, 1 today