Full-Time EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Ts’udé Nılıné Tuyeta Protected Area
The K’ahsho Got’ine Development Foundation, (KGDF), represents the K’ahsho Got’ine of Fort Good Hope and Colville Lake. The KGDF is a party to the “Agreement to Establish Ts’udé Nılıné Tuyeta As A Protected Area,” (The Establishment Agreement), pursuant to the NWT Protected Areas Act.
The KGDF requires a senior staff person to be responsible for day-to-day office functions, coordination of meetings, training and capacity development, organization of professional contracts, and to support the development and implementation of the Ts’udé Nılıné Tuyeta Management Plan. This position is responsible for direction of staff and collaboration with the Management Board and the Guardians. The position is also responsible for collaboration with the Government of the Northwest Territories, which is a party to the Establishment Agreement.
- minimum Diploma in Environmental Studies, Environmental Monitoring, Indigenous Studies or an equivalent field. (Degree preferred)
- minimum two years’ experience leading a team towards collaborative work objectives; working with partners including government and contractors
- ability to develop a strong working understanding of the Ts’udé Nılıné Tuyeta Establishment Agreement, the Ts’udé Nılıné Tuyeta Management Plan, and the Terms of Reference for the Ts’udé Nılıné Tuyeta Management Board
- ability to lead a team collaboratively and work effectively with all partners including government and contractors
- ability to work flexibly and adapt to evolving work objectives and experience with managing multiple projects and deadlines
- ability to manage budgets including financial and written accounting
- effective verbal/written communication skills and proficient computer skills
- understanding and respectful of Dene and Métis traditional knowledge and culture
- ability to communicate in K’asho Got’ine dialect is an asset
Conditions of employment:
Located in Fort Good Hope, NWT., this is a full time position with regular office hours. Salary is competitive, includes benefits, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date: August 31, 2020
How to Apply
Please forward inquiries or resumés to:
199 total views, 1 today