Part-Time Executive Director/Senior Planner
Dehcho Land Use Planning Committee
PART TIME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/SENIOR PLANNER
The Executive Director/Senior Planner (ED/Sr. Planner) is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Dehcho Land Use Planning Committee and leading or coordinating the Committee’s work, including completion of the draft Plan, engagement and public review, and development of products to support planning. This position reports to the Chair of the Committee, is neutral to the parties of the Committee, and is responsible for implementing decisions of the Committee. This position is also responsible for leading and organizing community and stakeholder engagement, including: education and outreach related to the Plan and planning process, considering and balancing input received from all parties and stakeholders to the Plan as well as coordinating activities related to the development of the plan, such as workshops, and a Committee website.
• excellent analytical, communication, organizational and management skills
• enhanced political and cultural sensitivity and awareness
• experience in: First Nations land use planning and natural resources management; evaluating and balancing interests associated with Indigenous culture, ecological conservation, economic development and social well-being; land use planning partnerships between public and Indigenous governments; project management; financial and human resources management
• advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
• working knowledge of: resource management legislation, policies and regulatory agencies applicable to the Dehcho plan area and the NWT, legislated roles and responsibilities of public and Indigenous governments in the NWT for land and water management, Aboriginal rights agreements and negotiations, traditional land use and occupancy mapping, traditional ecological knowledge and research, boreal ecology, industrial practices in a boreal environment, socio-economic challenges and opportunities of northern Indigenous Communities, application of sustainable development principles and economic development strategies
• post graduate degree or Diploma in Land Use Planning, Geography, Environmental Sciences/Studies, Natural Resources or a related field of study, and five years of regional land use planning experience (or equivalency)
• work experience in Northern Canadian jurisdictions is considered an asset.
This position may be contract based or salaried (Your email should clearly outline your preference for a salaried position or contract, and your anticipated salary or rate). This role is estimated at 2-3 days per week.
How to Apply
Email your resume or Expression of Interest to:
Sophie Bonnetrouge, Office Manager, Dehcho
Land Use Planning Committee, PO Box 199, Fort
Providence, NT, X0E 0L0
Tel: (867) 699-3164 Fax: (867) 699-3166
Closing Date: November 15, 2022
Additional background information is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be notified.
1298 total views, 1 today