Tender Expressions of Interest
Government of the Northwest Territories
Expressions of Interest:
Chairperson for the
Northwest Territories Liquor Licensing Board
The Government of the Northwest Territories Department of Finance is accepting expressions of interest in an appointment as Chairperson of the Northwest Territories Liquor Licensing Board for a three-year term.
The Liquor Licensing Board is a regulatory and quasi-judicial administrative tribunal that is independent from government. The Board administers several parts of the Liquor Act and the Liquor Regulations, including the issuance of liquor licences and permits. The Board also holds hearings whenever a charge is laid against a licence or permit holder.
The Board holds administrative meetings and compliance hearings throughout
the year, and travel can be required to attend hearings across the Northwest Territories.
Interested parties should have:
- a minimum of 5 years administrative tribunal experience;
- ability to navigate and to understand legislation;
- basic training in administrative justice;
- understanding of adjudicative processes;
- ability to effectively and collaboratively participate in panel deliberations and discussions; and
- an understanding of, and sensitivity to territorial liquor issues.
Individuals who have an interest in – or are engaged in – any business or undertaking dealing in liquor are ineligible to be appointed to the Board.
Please send applications by email to Amy Kennedy, Director of Shared Corporate Services at LLBinfo@gov.nt.ca by January 15, 2020.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a clear criminal records check
from the RCMP.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are considered will be contacted.
246 total views, 5 today