Tender Expressions of Interest
Government of Northwest Territories
Expressions of Interest
Northwest Territories Liquor Licensing Board Members
The Government of the Northwest Territories Department of Finance is accepting expressions of interest for appointments of up to three members of the Northwest Territories Liquor Licensing Board for a three-year term.
The Liquor Licensing Board is a regulatory and quasi-judicial administrative tribunal that is independent from government. The Board administers several parts of the Liquor Act and the Liquor Regulations, including the issuance of liquor licences and permits. The Board also holds hearings whenever a charge is laid against a licence or permit holder.
The Board holds administrative meetings and compliance hearings throughout the year, and travel can be required to attend hearings across the Northwest Territories.
Interested parties should have:
• a minimum of three years administrative tribunal experience;
• ability to understand statutes and regulations;
• advanced communications skills (oral and written);
• ability to use computer-based communications;
• basic training in administrative justice;
• understanding of adjudicative processes;
• ability to effectively and collaboratively participate in panel deliberations and discussions; and
• an understanding of, and sensitivity to, territorial liquor issues.
Individuals who have an interest in – or are engaged in – any business or undertaking dealing in liquor are ineligible to be appointed to the Board. The successful candidate will be required to submit a clear criminal record check from the RCMP.
Visit www.fin.gov.nt.ca/en/LLBmember for more information.
Please send applications by email to LLBinfo@gov.nt.ca by February 4, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are considered will be contacted.
1022 total views, 2 today