Full-Time FIELD RESEARCH LOGISTICAL COORDINATOR
Tlicho Government invites all suitable qualified candidates in the Northwest Territories, to apply for the
FIELD RESEARCH LOGISTICAL COORDINATOR
Culture and Lands Protection
Tlicho Government is committed to attracting and recruiting the best possible candidates for available positions. The principles of fairness, qualifications and Tlicho citizenship guide the hiring of Tlicho Government employees.
The Field Research Logistical Coordinator is accountable for the overall logistics and maintenance of well-organized on the land research programs that incorporates culturally respectful protocols: coordinating logistical support for researchers and other program participants in remote isolated field camps; ensuring research camps
are well supplied and research activities are well organized; and, providing administrative support for research activities. The Field Research Logistical Coordinator must follow all established Tlicho Government policies and procedures.
Skills and knowledge required: The Field Research Logistical Coordinator is expected to have the following educational background, work experience and skills (equivalencies will be considered):
- 2-3 years of experience in the administrative field
- Class 5 driver’s licence
- experience with on the land research programs
- experience with organizing isolated, remote on the land camps
- work experience with northern indigenous communities
- knowledge and ability to operate, trouble-shoot and maintain snow machines, ATVs, boats, generators, propane heaters, chainsaws and appliances
- strong problem-solving abilities
- very good organizational and time management skills
- excellent communication skills (email, phone, satellite devices)
- able to meet tight deadlines
- positive attitude and work ethic
- ability to speak the Tlicho language is an asset.
- familiarity with the Tlicho Agreement and Tlicho Constitution
How to Apply
1879 total views, 1 today