Full-Time Finance Comptroller
The Hamlet of Tuktoyaktuk is seeking an individual to fulfill the fulltime position of Finance Comptroller. The Finance Comptroller will report directly to the. Senior Administration Officer and/or designate. The Comptroller is responsible for preparing financial statement, maintaining cash controls, managing the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and managing office operations. The Comptroller must work within the Financial Management Act, Hamlet policies and procedure :and in compliance with all Territorial Acts and Legislation.
Desirable training and experience would be Grade 12, completion of Basic Office Procedures or Secretary course, must have computer training certificate, course in basic accounting or bookkeeping would be an asset, two years’ previous office experience, experience with cash handling, good telephone etiquette and must complete and pass a criminal reference check.
The Comptroller would normally attain the required knowledge, skills and attitudes through completion of a Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration and/or completion of second level of a recognized accounting program combined with related financial experience.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Computerized accounting programs
• accounts payable and accounts receivables
• generally accepted accounting principles
• fund accounting
• preparation of financial statements
• preparation of financial reports
• municipal services
• administration of employee benefits
• payroll systems and reporting
• office administration
• an understanding of relevant municipal legislation, policies and procedures
• an understanding of the northern cultural and political environment
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• Supervisory and leadership skills
• team building
• accounting and bookkeeping skills
• analytical and problem solving skills
• decision making skills
• effective verbal and listening communications skills
• effective written communications skills
• ability to communicate effectively in English and Dogrib is considered an asset
• computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting,
spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• stress management skills
• time management skills
SALARY: Salary will be based on education and experience.
CLOSING DATE: September 2, 2022 at 5:00pm
A copy of the full job description will be available upon request.
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Housing is available.
How to Apply
Please submit resumes and covering letter to:
Katrina Cockney, Acting Senior Administrative Officer
Hamlet of Tuktoyaktuk P.O. Box 120, Tuktoyaktuk, NT X0E 1C0
Phone #: 867-977-2286
Fax #: 867-977-2110
Re-Posted: August 24, 2022
111 total views, 1 today