Full-Time FINANCE MANAGER
Kivalliq Business Development Centre
has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a
(Six month term with possibility of extension)
The Finance Manager will direct KBDC’s Accounting support system; Administer and monitor the areas of financial reports, accounts payable, accounts receivable, annual tax reporting, financial audits, payroll, general ledger, operating and capital budgets; Provide expertise to management and staff on accounting functions meeting legal, regulatory, procedural and policy requirements; Manage the business loan portfolio for both ongoing and new loans. Review monthly organizational variance reports for accuracy; and, when required demonstrating leadership by providing work direction, motivation, training, assistance, performance evaluation and corrective action with support staff.
Essential Functions – Finance Manager:
- perform leadership functions including selection, scheduling, training, performance management and discipline; Instill passion in assigned staff for KBDC’s mission, vision, and values, paying particular attention to the importance
of helping socio-economic development of the Nunavummiut and communities within Kivalliq we serve
- demonstrate personal initiative and accountability while overseeing KBDC’s budget; Forecast needs, allocate resources and/or take corrective action as necessary; Assist external auditors during audits
- monitor and maintain budgetary and fiscal constraints and responsibilities in the area of accounting including reviewing all Journal entries and ensures reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts; Review financial statements and general ledger accounts and entries for accuracy and ensure accounts payable is processed accurately and on schedule, paying close attention to authorizations to pay, documentation of receipt of goods or satisfactory performance of service, accurate amounts, and correct account coding. Monitor and manage the loans portfolio
- direct the preparation of all required tax forms within established deadlines
- perform other duties as assigned
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
- working knowledge of accepted accounting standards and practices
- knowledge of compact and grant funding
- knowledge of payroll processing regulations
Job specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- above average ability to communicate financial reports
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- ability to train and motivate staff
Minimum Requirements – Finance Manager:
Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Finance or related field. Plus 5 years performing administrative work in accounting or auditing, including 3 years supervisory. CPA preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
What we offer you:
- an annual salary commencing in the range of $75,000 to $95,000, plus Northern Residence Allowance of $18,517
- paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and statutory paid holidays
- employer matching pension contribution of up to 5% of salary
How to Apply
For more information about this position or to submit an application please contact KBDC at email@example.com, or by mail at PO Box 328 Rankin Inlet, NU, X0C0G0. Or call us at 867-645-2126.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resumé/cover letter outlining skills and experience by February 1, 2021 at 5:00 pm PST.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only persons whose applications have been selected will be contacted.
308 total views, 3 today