Full-Time Finance Manager
Yamozha Kue Society
The Yamózha Kúé Society is seeking a full-time Finance Manager. The Yamózha Kúé Society (Dene Cultural Institute) is a Denendeh First Nations Regional Cultural Center located on the K’atl’odeeche Dene Reserve in Hay River, NT.
The Finance Manager will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial procedures and daily operations of the Yamózha Kúé Society. The Finance Manager is responsible for accuracy of financial and accounting systems and monitoring of all general accounting functions as required in support of the Yamózha Kúé Society. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
A post-secondary degree preferable in accounting, business or finance, as well as several years of experience in a finance role. Membership of CPA is desirable. Minimum 2-year of finance and accounting experience would be considered comparable. Experience managing the annual audit and preparing annual financial statements. Experience working within a non-profit organization. A clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check required. Must have own transportation and a valid driver’s license is required. The combination of work experience, skills and education will be considered as part of the necessary credentials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• An in-depth knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting procedures, principles and regulations.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Exceptional reporting skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities and non-profits.
• Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural differences and diversity. Ability to speak or write an aboriginal language will be an asset.
• Strong business judgement, analytical and decision- making skills.
• Strong knowledge of accounting software, Sage Accounting and MS Excel.
• Work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision.
How to Apply
Please included cover letter along with your resume. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Mahsi Cho.
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND.
Apply To: Rosalie Heron
Fax: (867) 874-3867
No Phone Calls Please.
1303 total views, 2 today