Full-Time GIRLSPACE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
GIRLSPACE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
YWCA NWT is looking for a skilled program coordinator to deliver GirlSpace programming in Yellowknife, NT and surrounding communities. This program is structured as both an in-school and after school programming. YWCA NWT GirlSpace reaches out to girls with quality programming addressing key social issues facing young women.
GirlSpace fills the need for girl-only extra-curricular community programs, offering girls the opportunity to increase their awareness about violence and its root causes, while exploring self, personal achievements, building on positive self esteem and making new friends. The program encourages girls to explore their unique strengths and build life skills which includes, leadership, teamwork, self reliance, increased independence, self awareness and positive self esteem. We encourage program participants to work collaboratively to develop a gender-specific space that is welcoming. This program is open to girls ages 8-17.
The coordinator will research, plan, and lead weekly sessions that involve participatory and hands-on activities to help girls explore their strengths, interest and build new skills in a group atmosphere. The coordinator will build a safe, inclusive, and supportive space for girls to learn, connect, and build trusting relationships.
Qualifications & Experience:
- diploma in Social Sciences, Social Work, or Psychology
- experience in facilitating youth groups
- effective oral and written communication skills
- ability to act as positive role model who can provide developmental and emotional guidance to children
- high standard of professionalism and regard for confidentiality
- indigenous cultural awareness and an ability to work in a multicultural setting
- class 5 drivers license (preferred)
- current first aid/CPR
- updated criminal record with vulnerable sector completed
- able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- current immunization record
This is a full-time position working 8-hour shifts Monday-Friday. The salary for this position will depend on the education and experience of the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Please forward resumé and cover letter:
Director, Child & Youth Programs
Application is open until position is filled.
1044 total views, 4 today