PO Box 788, 5402 50 Avenue
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2N6
Phone: (867) 766-5058
Fax: (867) 873-5051
from May 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021
(May turn into indeterminate seasonal position)
• knowledge of carpentry, painting and minor maintenance
• minimum of 10-15 years of proven landscaping experience
• artistically inclined in the art of horticulture
• knowledge of lawnmowers and trimmers
• knowledge of soil, plants and fertilizer
• ability to work as part of a team and to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with other district employees, students and the public
• high school graduate
• must be able to work under minimal supervision
• equivalencies may be considered
• Class 5 Driver’s Licence and use of a personal vehicle
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• complete small jobs pertaining to carpentry, painting and maintenance on all YK1 grounds
• explore & consider ideas to improve the beautification at all YK1 facilities
• plants flowers, trees and shrubs at all YK1 properties
• waters, weeds, and trims foliage as required
• mows YK1 owned ballfields
• repairs damaged outside equipment
• clean up litter on all YK1 grounds
• strive to raise the standard of outside cleanliness at all YK1 facilities
• this is an eight hour workday where the incumbent will mostly be on their feet and includes heavy lifting and working outside in various working conditions.
Working conditions can be strenuous at times.
Candidates must have an original acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) in place. The original VSC must be dated within 90 days of the date the application is received. This is a condition of employment, and must be in place prior to commencing work in any school.
How to Apply
Please submit resumé and three (3) references to Stacey Mahe, Manager, Human Resources at the firstname.lastname@example.org. Application will be open until qualified applicant is found. Electronic Applications only please.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
449 total views, 4 today