Full-Time Gwich’in Land and Water Board Regulatory Technician
Gwich’in Land and Water Board (GLWB)
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
The GLWB is a highly respected organization with a collaborative and dynamic work environment. We are focused on fulfilling our mandate to provide for the conservation, development and utilization of land and water resources for the optimum benefit of residents of the Mackenzie Valley resource management area of the Northwest Territories and for all Canadians.
We are seeking an energetic and highly organized individual to support reviews and assessments of applications for land and water use in the Mackenzie Valley region. The Regulatory Technician:
• provides administrative and logistical support for and participating in reviews of applications, submissions, and other environmental issues
• works closely with the Executive Director and Regulatory Specialist providing support in environmental review processes and maintaining the online public registry and
• ensures regulatory compliance functions are completed
Successful applicants will preferably have a high school diploma and post-secondary training in resource or environmental management with related technical and/or clerical experience in environmental, regulatory, and technical assessment. The successful applicant will have the required education/experience and demonstrate the following competencies in their cover letter and resumé:
• good understanding of computer systems (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• strong written and oral communications skills
• good organizational skills; and
• familiarity with northern culture, values, and governments
If you have environmental and technical experience and are interested in joining a high-performing team in a fast-paced, progressive, and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply. The GLWB has an affirmative action policy in place and preference will be given to descendants of the Dene, Inuit or Metis people, indigenous to the present boundaries of the Northwest Territories. We encourage members of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement to apply.
The starting salary for this position ranges from $74,580 to $77,537 per year plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes over $10,000 per year in allowances. This is a two year position with the possibility of extension.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this competition.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resumé by Saturday, June 19, 2021, to:
Attn: Janet Toner at Janet Toner Consulting Ltd.
RE: GLWB Hiring Competition
41 total views, 1 today