Full-Time Head Mechanic
The Hamlet of Tuktoyaktuk is seeking an individual to fulfill the position of the
The Head Mechanic is responsible for maintaining mobile and stationary equipment in a safe and effective manner. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure the reliability, access and safety of the community mobile and stationary equipment. This equipment is critical to maintaining the community and to the health, safety and wellness of residents.
Perform maintenance and repairs to community mobile and stationary equipment in order to ensure that the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate
• perform preventative and predictive maintenance on mobile and stationary equipment including front end loaders, dozers, trucks, compactors, snow blowers, stationary and mobile generators
• perform repairs to mobile and stationary equipment
• inspect mobile and stationary equipment for defects or required repairs
• supervise others involved in maintenance tasks
• advise the Municipal Works Foreman of required major repairs or replacements to mobile and stationary equipment
• maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
The Head Mechanic would normally attain the required knowledge, skills and attitudes through completion of an Auto Mechanic Journeyman Certification Program combined with several years of trades, administration and supervisory experience. Equivalencies may be considered. The Head Mechanic must have a minimum Class 5 driver’s licence and must provide proof of double vaccination against the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Salary: Will be based on experience.
Closing date: September 9th , 2022 at 3:00 pm
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please submit resumes to the following:
Katrina Cockney, Acting Senior Administrative Officer
Tuktoyaktuk, NT X0E 1C0 Box 120
111 total views, 1 today