Full-Time Heavy Equipment Mechanic (HEM)
The Community Government of Behchokö (CGB) is seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanic (HEM). Reporting to the Public Works Superintendent, this position is responsible for maintaining, repairing and or the reconditioning of all heavy and light equipment used by the CGB to ensure that Behchokö residents received effective and appropriate services. These services are offered in Rae, Edzo and Frank’s Channel.
he incumbent will be capable of operating heavy equipment for the purpose of maintenance during extreme need or in an emergency.
Responsibilities will include:
Reconditions components that have a shorter lifespan than the equipment frames or bodies to restore the components to original specified capability by:
• analyzing and inspecting failure, to determine cause and extent of repairs as necessary
• dismantling components such as engines, transmissions, differential, electrical equipment, hydraulic systems, air systems, etc
• identifying parts within a component
• measuring surfaces and refurbishing by polishing
• reassembling components and adjusting to original specifications
• conducting preventative maintenance servicing using the preventative maintenance program
• checking or replacing fluids and filters
Performing other duties such as:
• mentoring/training an apprentice Heavy Equipment Mechanic
• welding, brazing and soldering
• completing service reports and work orders
• maintaining shop equipment and tools
• assisting operators by relating required maintenance procedures
• keeping work area clean and free of safety hazards
• must possess a Valid Class 1 Driver’s License with air
The Community Government of Behchokö offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a positive work environment. Benefits coverage provided by NEBS. For a copy of the current job description (under review) or for any further details, please contact Curtis Coleman, Public Works Superintendent at (867) 446-0092 or email email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please submit a complete resumé, cover letter and references on or before 3:00 pm, February 26, 2021 to the following address:
Community Government of Behchokö
ATTN: PWS Curtis Coleman
PO Box 68
Behchokö, NT X0E 0Y0
The Community Government of Behchokö thanks everyone for your interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
374 total views, 5 today