Full-Time IIBA Administration Officer
The IIBA Administration Officer will assist Kivalliq Inuit Association (KivIA) and Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM) ensuring that the provisions of the Meadowbank/Whale Tail, Meliadine Inuit Impact and Benefit Agreements (IIBA) are implemented. This is a critical operational role that functionally organizes the implementation of the IIBA’s, and in so doing ensures that Inuit receive employment, training, business and social benefits associated with resource development in the Kivalliq Region.
Responsibilities and Duties
Coordinate communications within and among the various IIBA committees and on-site working groups established between KivIA and AEM; perform neutral participation in IIBA committee meetings (e.g. 16 meetings per year); serve as a voting member of on-site working groups, attend and participate in all scheduled meetings (e.g. 36 meetings per year); provide logistical support for committee meetings and activities; complete scheduling, preparation and circulation of committee agendas; coordinate the preparation and circulation of edited/summarized technical meeting transcriptions for each of the IIBA committees and on-site working groups (e.g. professional and detailed delivery of meeting minutes); track the status of ongoing action items and be able to provide regular updates to senior leadership upon request; assemble, edit and finalize regular reports summarizing implementation activities of the IIBA committees and on-site working groups; create and maintain a detailed and highly organized file management system for all materials related to IIBA implementation and monitoring.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of the Nunavut Agreement, with attention to Article 26
- Knowledge of Inuit Impact Benefit Agreements administered by the KivIA and AEM
- Knowledge of office administration duties
- Ability to create edited/ summarized technical meeting transcriptions (e.g. professional and detailed minutes of meetings)
- Knowledge of Inuit Societal Values, and experience working in a cross-cultural environment;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.,)
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrates problem solving skills;
- Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrates exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Strong report writing skills are required;
- Must demonstrate punctuality;
- Availability and attendance at every scheduled KIA meeting are a must;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse range of individuals;
The Knowledge skills and abilities are usually obtained through Post-Secondary education in the area of Office Administration or related field; supplemented by two (2) years of directly related experience delivering Office Administration duties. Equivalencies will be considered based on a combination of education and experience.
Salary is based on qualifications and the Kivalliq Inuit Association provides a competitive benefits package. This position is located in Rankin Inlet, NU and Housing is not available.
Beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement will receive full consideration and priority.
CLOSING DATE IS August 14, 2020 AT 5:00 PM CST
How to Apply
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RÉSUMÉ TO DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Email: email@example.com |Phone: Toll free 1-800-220-6581 or 867-645-5765
910 total views, 1 today