Full-Time Information Systems Manager
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer the Information Systems Manager provides Information Management/Information Technology services to the Kivalliq Inuit Association. The main focus of the Information Systems Manager is to provide operational support for the Kivalliq Inuit Association’s network infrastructures and application systems that are assessed daily by departmental program delivery units
Responsibilities and Duties
The Information Systems Manager, is a technical position who is responsible for supporting the business processes required by clients or users. This position works to ensure that the organization’s information technology infrastructure runs smoothly to meet the changing needs of the organization. This includes overseeing areas such as computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems, computer networking, server maintenance, internet connectivity, systems integration, information security, data storage, data centers, emergency planning and telecommunications. This role generally requires an advanced level of programming knowledge, strong understanding of the integration of applications within the broader system requirements and demonstrated ability to lead and manage both people and projects.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of project management;
• Knowledge of effective oral and written communication techniques (English). Oral and written communication skills in Inuktitut are considered an asset;
• Knowledge of financial planning techniques;
• Proficiency with Office productivity suites such as Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.);
• Service delivery of all clients requiring technological support within Kivalliq Inuit Association;
• Knowledge of administering, configuring and troubleshooting hardware, software and related peripherals;
• Ability to conceptualize and provide support to senior management in the strategic planning and management of IT projects;
• Ability to manage time, set priorities and manage stress;
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment;
• Ability to design, implement and monitor a wide area and local Area Networks;
• Ability to administer network server applications and operate a range of consumer level application packages through hands-on operational roles and programming experience;
• Ability to set up, test and troubleshoot desktop and wireless computers and devices;
• Ability to prioritize work and delegate tasks to achieve operational and strategic objectives.
Knowledge, skills and abilities for this position are usually obtained through completion of a Diploma in computer sciences, information technology or related field with 3 years of experience. A combination of related education and experience may be considered. The ability to speak, read and write Inuktitut is a definite asset. Salary is based on qualifications and the Kivalliq Inuit Association provides a competitive benefits package. This position is located in Rankin Inlet, NU and housing is not available.
Beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement will receive full consideration and priority.
How to Apply
CLOSING DATE: April 16th, 2021 AT 5:00 PM CST
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RÉSUMÉ TO DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Phone: Toll free 1-800-220-6581 or 867-645-5765
435 total views, 1 today