is seeking a
The Janitor is responsible for performing janitorial duties, and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that municipal buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner in accordance with the Hamlet’s Covid-19 Policy
The Janitor is responsible for performing regular janitorial duties at the Hamlet Office and the Community Hall along with janitorial duties in other buildings, as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• cleaning and caring for buildings and facilities
• maintaining storage areas and cleaning equipment
• storing materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner
• operating floor and carpet cleaning/waxing equipment
• performing annual spring and fall deep cleaning
• ensuring adequate supplies are readily available
• reporting required repairs or maintenance of buildings or equipment
• other duties, as required, including but not limited to
• minimum one year janitorial experience
• WHMIS Certification
• First Aid/CPR and a Class 5 would be an asset
• must have the ability to work under little supervision
• must be honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics
• must be a team player
• must be willing to participate in training, as required
• Criminal Record Check will be required
Hours will vary, as required (minimum 20 hours per week).
Position may lead to full time, as we emerge from the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Wage is dependent on experience.
Position is open until a suitable candidate is found.
How to Apply
For more information, to view a job description, or to submit your resume, please contact:
Tammy Neal, SAO
Mail: 526 Robin Road, Enterprise NT X0E 0R1
Phone: (867) 984-3491
702 total views, 1 today