Term Position KFN Protected Areas Coordinator
The Kátł’odeeche First Nation
is seeking a
KFN Protected Areas Coordinator
This is a three-year term position to March 2026.
The KFN Protected Areas Coordinator will be responsible for managing the development of permanent cultural and environmental protection of a proposed protected area referred to as Ejié Túé Ndáde (the area around Buffalo Lake, including Buffalo River). ) Main responsibilities of the position include project management, reporting, coordination, community consultation, communications, administration and organizational duties and working closely with KFN Chief and Council, KFN Community Members, Dehcho First Nation and other outside agencies such as GNWT/CWS/ECCC.
This position requires the following qualifications:
• A mature individual with post-secondary certification and experience in administration,
• Experience in carrying out community consultations and/or facilitating community meetings;
• Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills;
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power Point;
• Ability to work both independently and with a team;
• Knowledge of Ejié Túé Ndáde is an asset;
• Knowledge of Dene yati and the KFN community is an asset; and
• Successful completion of a criminal records check.
A complete job description for this position is available upon request. High priority will be given to KFN members with the required qualifications. Remuneration will be dependent on education, skills, and experience.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
468 total views, 1 today