Full-Time Language Manager
Dehcho First Nations
Responsible for the coordination of the Language/Cultural initiatives as directed by Dehcho First Nations (DFN). The work includes planning, developing, researching, and implementing the language initiatives as ratified by DFN Leadership. Includes the coordination of language initiatives to meet the goals of the DFN Dene Zhatie Language Plan as developed by the GNWT.
Responsible for ensuring that the public in the Dehcho is fully informed on all issues related to the Dehcho Process in Dene Zhatie. This includes: the nature of aboriginal and treaty rights, the contents of the Dehcho Proposal, updates on the Dehcho Process negotiation sessions and political positions as they are developed by the leadership, and other related work.
1. Two-year diploma preferred but will consider equivalencies
2. Two-year office experience involving computer software and technology including word processing, spread sheets, data base development, accessing and downloading roman orthography programs
3. Must have proven skills in Dene Zhatie, both oral and written in roman orthography
4. Knowledge of aboriginal history, Treaty 8 & 11, familiarity with the issues relating to the goals and objectives of the Dehcho Process
5. Knowledge and experience with audio and visual presentation equipment
6. Strong personal skills
7. Self-motivated, organized and flexible
8. Strong written and oral communication skills
9. Able to work in a team environment
10. Proven ability to work independently
11. Willing to participate in ongoing professional development and cultural development
12. Valid Class 5 Driver’s license
This position offers a benefits package of group insurance & pension plan, including paid leave and VTA upon completion of probation. Relocation expenses available if required. Salary is negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience. A job description is available upon request. Only serious candidates need apply.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2022
How to Apply
Address Cover Letter to: Alison de Pelham, Executive Director
Send Applications to: Email: email@example.com
Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
1098 total views, 2 today