Full-Time LOAN PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Kivalliq business development centre
has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a
LOAN PORTFOLIO MANAGER
(Six month term with possibility of extension)
In this role you will be responsible for managing an assigned portfolio of loans that are part of KBDC’s growing business loan portfolio which provides loans to new and existing business in all sectors located throughout the Kivalliq region. As the portfolio manager, you will be KBDC’s primary servicing contact for the financial institutions that work with KBDC to source and service the business loans. You will be responsible for assessing the risk of loan requests and making recommendations to management regarding the requests; analysis may include reading and understanding loan documents, business plans, market information and other reports.
- collaborate and maintain relationships with bankers, borrowers, attorneys and KBDC team members
- prepare and complete analysis and recommendations for loan events in accordance with the terms of the loan and outside the terms of the loan, this may include assumptions, modifications, collateral replacement, guarantor replacement and others
- track loan events and perform closing functions in collaboration with outside legal counsel
- comprehension and review of business loan documents, and entity vesting documents
- select, prepare and complete documents including NDA’s, loan modification agreement, assumption agreement, escrow agreement, guaranty, lender instructions, etc.
- develop and further enhance the portfolio records management system and reporting
- assist in business development and new leading opportunity projects
- some travel to the Kivalliq communities, and attendance at tradeshows and conferences
- assist less experienced staff with boarding and boarding review
What we offer you:
- an annual salary commencing in the range of $85,000 to $95,000, plus Northern Residence Allowance of $18,517
- paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and statutory paid holidays
- employer matching pension contribution of up to 5% of salary
Your education and experience:
- 3+ years commercial loans and financial services industry experience preferred
- solid understanding of commercial loan servicing, business planning, economic development and financing concepts
Your skills and abilities:
- proficient in Sage Simply Accounting, FERN Faasbank (or other loan management software) Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Credit Risk Management skills
- strong organizational, analytical and writing skills
- possess problem solving skills and abilities
- take the initiative to improve products and services
- comprehend information, gather needed information and input, write concise reports, solve problems effectively; identify the relevant issues and risk
- ability to analyze historical and current operating statements
- create proforma NOI valuation
- identify trend analysis and comparative vs. market
- analyze business and personal financial statements, credit and background reports, title reports, and appraisals
- familiarity with real property rights, title issues, financing and valuation concepts and terms
How to Apply
For more information about this position or to submit an application please contact KBDC at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at PO Box 328 Rankin Inlet, NU X0C0G0. Or call us at 867-645-2126.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resumé/cover letter outlining skills and experience by Oct. 16, 2020 at 5:00 pm PST.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only persons whose applications have been selected will be contacted.
404 total views, 1 today