Full-Time MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES AND CORPORATE SERVICES
Gwich’in Tribal Council
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES AND CORPORATE SERVICES
Are you passionate about reconciling Canada’s relationship with its Indigenous peoples?
Would you like to help develop a progressive Indigenous corporation that is working to reclaim its inherent right to Self-Governance?
Are you ready for an adventure in the Arctic where you can enjoy nature and seek adventure right from your front door?
The Gwich’in Tribal Council (GTC) based in Inuvik, Northwest Territories, invites applications for a Manager, Human Resources and Corporate Services to direct the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources Department including the recruitment and selection process, policy interpretation and maintenance, legislative compliance, performance management, conflict resolution, training and employee development, performance management and benefit administration. The incumbent will also oversee Information Technology and the administrative support functions.
- a degree in Human Resource Management or a related field required
- designation as a Chartered Professional in Human Resource Management (CPHR) or working on that designation is preferred
- a minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in Human Resource positions
- preference will be given to candidates who have experience working in the non-profit sector or in an Indigenous Government/Organization
- specialized training in personnel administration, employment and workplace legislation, compensation, organizational planning/development, employee relations, employee training and development required
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment providing programs and services to Indigenous people while working in and supporting a respectful and welcoming team environment.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered including generous northern and vacation allowances, health and dental benefits, a pension plan and generous leave entitlements.
Preference will be given to candidates who are Participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please provide your cover letter and resume to
Steven.Larkin@gwichintribal.ca no later than January 5th, 2021
182 total views, 2 today