Full-Time Manager of Public Works
Town of Hay River
Manager of Public Works
Are you looking for a challenging job with lots of variety? Reporting to the Director of Public Works, this position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the work of the department in the areas of roads/highways, buildings, landfill management, and utilities such as water/wastewater systems. The Manager of Public Works manages staff through hiring, training and development, supervision and discipline, scheduling of employees and performance management. This position assists the Director in the areas of budget preparation, creating reports, preparing public works plans and projects for the Town.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the maintenance of the roads/highways and mobile equipment
• Oversees water, wastewater and storm drainage systems
• Manages maintenance and repairs to Town of Hay River buildings.
• Responsible for managing the staff of the Public Works department
• Assists with the department budgeting and planning process
• Manages and maintains the Town of Hay River Landfill
• Journeyman certificate in a related trade or Engineering technologist plus several years of relevant experience is preferred.
• Equivalent education and experience in a related field will be considered in lieu of a diploma or Journeyman Certificate. General contracting experience would be an asset.
• Supervisory and administrative experience is required
Salary for this position ranges from $96,000 – $131,000, depending on experience. A comprehensive benefits package & use of the Community Centre along with a $500 per month Northern Living Allowance is also included.
**Successful applicants will require a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
How to Apply
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the Town of Hay River via email indicating the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
For a job description on this position, please look for our job opportunities page at www.hayriver.com
For additional information please contact:
Open Until Feb 24th
1083 total views, 2 today