Full-Time MANAGER, PRENATAL & YOUTH PROGRAMS
Pulaarvik Kablu Friendship Centre
MANAGER, PRENATAL & YOUTH PROGRAMS
Closing Date: 5:00pm, Wednesday, January 13, 2021
We are growing! It is an exciting time to join the team at Pulaarvik Kablu Friendship Centre (PKFC)!
Our goal is to deliver Inuit-designed, Inuit-led programs and services that are closely aligned with Kivalliq Inuit Societal Values and Culture, while also being evidence-based, and informed by best practices.
Currently PKFC’s Prenatal and Youth Programs are offered only in Rankin Inlet and include the Rankin Inlet Prenatal Nutrition Program and Preschool Program. We plan to work with the Pirurvik Preschool Team in Pond Inlet who have developed an award-winning preschool program grounded in Inuit culture and language to work with this new Manager position in refreshing our preschool program in time for the preschool re-opening in the fall. We also are working with current and former GN nutrition personnel to refresh our prenatal nutrition program.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and talented individual to join PKFC’s leadership team in developing and implementing innovative programming for pregnant women, babies, preschoolers and older youth!
This position is a working manager role. The manager will provide overall leadership and program management to our programs and will also be a part of the program delivery team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prenatal & Youth Program Development and Leadership
- supervisory Responsibilities (2 Direct Reports)
- financial Management
- Program Monitoring, Evaluation & Accountability
- participation in PKFC’s Executive Committee and quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors
Compensation & benefits:
For this position, we offer:
- annual salary of $95,998, which includes Northern allowance
- extended health benefits and a pension plan
- 4 weeks of annual leave, plus lieu time accrual
- housing is not available for this position
- completion of a post-secondary Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Social Work program preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered
- minimum of 3 years experience in youth social programs or ECE with strong references
- experience in budget management and the management of personnel preferred
- exceptional team building and management skills
- strong written and oral communication skills
- experience working within Nunavut communities, government agencies or not-for-profit organizations would be considered an asset
- proven ability to draft and implement innovative policies, programs, procedures and directives for the benefit of the organization and community
- fluency in English and Inuktitut is required
How to Apply
How to Apply: A detailed job description is available. Inquiries can be directed to HR@pulaarvik.ca Qualified applicants should forward their resume and a cover letter in strictest confidence, by e-mail to HR@pulaarvik.ca no later than 5:00pm (CST) Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews are expected to take place the week of January 18, 2021.
394 total views, 2 today