Full-Time Managing Editor
NNSL Media currently
has a full-time position available.
Black Press NNSL Media
Are you an experienced leader with a passion for community news? NNSL Media, a division of Black Press Media, is seeking a motivated news professional to take the reins as MANAGING EDITOR at its headquarters in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, where we operate six award-winning newspapers, two websites and multiple social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in a print and digital newsroom setting, directing editorial teams while providing accurate and compelling news stories, features and opinion writing to readers. We are looking for an individual who possesses strong writing, editing and management abilities and experience, as well as leadership qualities and attributes, and exhibits outstanding organizational and time management skills. Our top priority is an individual who will take ownership and pride in our news delivery. Knowledge of political, cultural and social issues in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut a definite plus.
• Completion of post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Commitment to effective communication
• Energetic self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
• Computer literacy, including good working skills in MS Word, Outlook and Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong attention to detail in all areas of work
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Motivated individual with proven initiative and determination
• Deep familiarity with CP Style
• Driver’s licence and smartphone
What we offer: In addition to working with great people in a supportive work culture, Black Press offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package that includes extended health and dental for you and your family and company match to your pension contribution.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented individuals work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
How to Apply
Please email a resumé and cover letter to:
Mike Bryant, Group Publisher,
Northern News Services Ltd.,
187 total views, 1 today