Full-Time MINING MANAGER
Cheetah Resources is an explorer and developer focussing on rare earths and technology metals. We are a company built on strong values around integrity, respect for others, community and thinking different.
Our aim is to be the largest independent supplier of clean mixed rare earth feedstock outside China supporting clean technologies and industries such as communications, defence and healthcare.
We are excited to commence operations at our Nechalacho project, a highgrade, light rare earth project located at Nechalacho in the NWT. The project boasts one of the highest grade rare earths deposits in the world, excellent infrastructure and simple, low cost processing.
We are now looking to appoint an experienced Mining Manager to join our team who will be charged with developing, supervising and monitoring the surface mining operations to ensure the safe, efficient and economic achievement of mine production targets and regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establishment of surface and near surface mining procedures to ensure safe and optimal mining of the orebody and compliance with statutory obligations. This includes integration of the contractor into site systems
- Be a site leader and mentor for safety across the site as part of the leadership team
- Recruitment, training and mentoring of suitable staff
- Manage and continuously improve production management systems and instil a culture of continuous improvement and best practise amongst mining staff and contractors
- Manage both production and mine contractor staff to ensure optimal mining techniques, plans and communication systems are utilised throughout the mine
- Ensure the production of short term mining schedules to optimise mining production. These schedules will coordinate drill and blast planning, production excavators and haulage fleet, ore mining, grade control drill planning, top soil removal and special projects
- Oversee the production and maintenance of the crushing, screening and ore sorting activities to generate concentrate for transport and further treatment offsite
- Oversee Geologist to establish suitable grade control and monitoring procedures to integrate them as part of the short term mine planning functions
- Undertake all end of month reporting of key mining and processing parameters and costs including contract review and invoicing
- Create and deliver economic and achievable budgets and forecasts
- Interact and provide assistance with other senior site staff to assist in the safe and efficient operation of the site
- Act as the statutory Mining Manager of the site
- Report to Company executive staff as required
- The ability to act as a senior representative of the Company, including in liaison with other stakeholders
- An appropriately qualification in Mining
- Seven years surface mining experience in hard rock environment
- Two years experience in a role as a senior production person
- Experience in mining contract administration and management
Why Work for Cheetah
At Cheetah, we understand people are fundamental to our success. We aspire to provide opportunities for the people and businesses in the communities in which we operate.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
Cheetah Resources is a Vital Metals company www.vitalmetals.com.au
How to Apply
Please email applications and inquiries to:
1042 total views, 5 today