Full-Time MMIWG Program Coordinator
Native Women’s Association of the NWT
MMIWG Program Coordinator
Start date: Immediately
Term: Permanent based on funding
Position Summary: The Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (MMIWG) Program Coordinator of the Native Women’s Association of the NWT will work to promote healing among Indigenous women across the NWT and facilitate reconciliation through education. The program coordinator will act as a spokesperson on the MMIWG Calls to Justice and issues associated with intergenerational trauma and residential schools.
Reports To: Executive Director and Office Manager.
• develop relationships for the promotion of the project
• facilitate women’s group meetings and connect with Indigenous women across all regions of the NWT
• act as a spokesperson for media events related to the MMIWG project
• work with community Elders to ensure all meetings/teachings/materials are culturally sensitive and appropriate
• document activities and discussions from all activities; prepare reports as required
• post-secondary education in a relevant field; an equivalent combination experience and education would be considered
• knowledge and understanding of Indigenous issues and traditional cultures
• ability to speak at media events and make presentations to large groups of people
• ability to document activities and prepare written reports
• valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
• vulnerable record check is required prior to commencing employment
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resumé by email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: MMIWG Coordinator
As per section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Indigenous ancestry.
999 total views, 3 today