Notice Nomination Call & Notice of Elections
NUNAVUT EMPLOYEES UNION
NOMINATION CALL & NOTICE OF ELECTIONS FOR FOUR (4) VACANT NUNAVUT EMPLOYEES UNION (NEU) REGIONAL VICE-PRESIDENT (RVP) & SEVEN (7) ALTERNATE RVP POSITIONS
Pursuant to NEU By-Law 12 Section 4, the Regional Vice-Presidents (RVPs) and Alternate Regional Vice- Presidents shall be elected by the Members in Good Standing of their respective Region by a secret ballot. There are four (4) vacant RVP positions and seven (7) Alternate RVP positions as follows:
Vacancies: RVP and Alternate RVP:
• Nunavut Capital Region: Iqaluit;
• Baffin South: Cape Dorset (Kinngait), Kimmirut, Ottawa and Sanikiluaq; (Vacancies: RVP and Alternate RVP);
• Baffin Center: Clyde River, Pangnirtung, Pond Inlet and Qikiqtarjuaq;
• Kivalliq South: Arviat, Churchill, Rankin Inlet, Whale Cove and Winnipeg.
Vacancies Alternate RVP only:
• Baffin North: Arctic Bay, Grise Fiord, Hall Beach (Sanirajak), Igloolik and Resolute Bay;
• Kivalliq North: Baker Lake, Coral Harbour, Chesterfield Inlet and Naujaat; and
• Kitikmeot: Cambridge Bay, Gjoa Haven, Kugaaruk, Kugluktuk and Taloyoak.
NEU By-Law 12 Section 4 also states that candidates shall have demonstrated at least one (1) year of active Union service. RVPs sit on the NEU Executive and participate in Executive Meetings, and other meetings throughout the year, including the NEU Triennial Convention which may involve one or more trips.
The RVP nomination period is open on March 4, 2022 and closes on April 2, 2022. The elections will be held in all communities and announced after the nomination period.
260 total views, 4 today