Notice Notice of Public Auction
NOTICE OF PUBLIC AUCTION
Pursuant to Section 97.7(2) of the Property Assessment and Taxation Act, R.S.N.W.T. 1988, c. P10 and
amendments thereto, the Municipal Corporation of the City of Yellowknife wishes to advise that the
following properties may be offered for public auction if the arrears of property taxes and the current and
subsequent expenses incurred by the City to collect the arrears are not paid before
June 3, 2022:
Please be advised of the following:
The public auction is set for June 3, 2022, at Council Chambers, City Hall, Yellowknife, NT, at 9:00 a.m.
If before the public auction begins, any person including the assessed owner pays the arrears of property
taxes and all reasonable expenses incurred by the City of Yellowknife to collect the arrears with respect to
a taxable property, the property will not be offered for auction.
Any person who pays the arrears of property taxes and expenses prior to commencement of the public
auction may obtain a lien on the taxable property for the amount paid if that person is not the assessed
owner and that person has an interest, estate, encumbrance or claim registered or filed under the Land
Titles Act in or against the taxable property or is a transferee of such a person.
The assessed owner of any of the above taxable properties is entitled to redeem that taxable property
within 30 days after the date of the public auction by paying the City of Yellowknife the arrears of
property taxes and all reasonable expenses incurred by the City of Yellowknife to collect the arrears.
Where a taxable property that is sold at the public auction is redeemed by its assessed owner, the sale
cannot be completed and all rights and interests of the purchaser in the taxable property cease.
If a taxable property is sold at the public auction, every existing interest, estate, encumbrance or claim in
or against the taxable property, will be extinguished, other than:
– a caveat registered under the Land Titles Act in respect of
* a restrictive covenant;
* an easement, including a utility easement;
* an easement agreement, including a party wall agreement;
– a restrictive covenant or an easement, including a utility easement;
– an easement agreement, including a party wall agreement;
– a reservation or interest to which the property is subject under paragraphs 69(a), (c) and (d) of the Land
– an interest, estate, encumbrance or claim of Her Majesty in Right of Canada;
– an interest, estate, encumbrance or claim that is prescribed or of a prescribed class.
Barristers and Solicitors
301, 5109-48th Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 1N5
Phone: (867) 766-7680
Attention: Edward Gullberg
301 total views, 3 today